Optimal pump performance with simplified installation
The single-pump subsea station is essentially equivalent to the subsea dual-pump station. The single-pump station is a well-known subsea pump system in the oil and gas industry. It was developed with an emphasis on achieving a symmetrical, flexible, and compact design to simplify installation, optimize pump performance, and ensure compatibility with international standards for subsea equipment.
It comprises three main sections:
- structural framework
- piping arrangement with valves and vessels (inlet flow mixer and outlet flow splitter tanks)
- retrievable items, including the pump, choke insert, control modules, and electrical and hydraulic jumpers.
Enhanced safety and efficiency
The single-pump station has the following functional features to enhance the operating efficiency and safety of the pump and production systems:
- production bypass
- pump outlet flow recirculation (for startup and minimum flow conditions)
- inlet flow mixing and slug suppression (for multiphase flow only)
- pump isolation for intervention
- process pressure and temperature monitoring.