Serial, parallel, or individual pump operation
The dual-pump subsea station is a well-known subsea pump system in the oil and gas industry. A symmetrical, flexible, and compact design simplifies installation, optimizes pump performance, and ensures compatibility with international standards for subsea equipment.The station comprises three main sections:
- the structural framework
- the piping arrangement with valves and vessels (inlet flow mixer and outlet flow splitter tanks)
- retrievable items, including the pumps, choke insert, control modules, and electrical and hydraulic jumpers.
The piping within the dual-pump subsea station can be configured for various pump operating modes, such as parallel, serial, or individual, according to your needs and the specific requirements of different fields.
Enhanced safety and efficiency
The station has the following functional features to enhance the operating safety and efficiency of the pump and production systems:
- Production bypass
- Pump outlet flow recirculation (for startup and minimal flow conditions)
- Inlet flow mixing and slug suppression (for multiphase flow only)
- Pump isolation for intervention
- Process pressure and temperature monitoring.
The interfaces between the pumps and the station are standardized to allow use of any OneSubsea pump, allowing you to replace any pump with a different type (multiphase, centrifugal, or hybrid), should that become necessary or beneficial during the life of the field.
The station can be installed on mud mats or on a suction pile or anchor. It can be integrated in new field developments (greenfields) and also easily retrofitted and adapted to existing production systems (brownfields). A dedicated umbilical connects directly to the module and, at a minimum, includes not only power, barrier fluid supply, and pump control lines, but also methanol lines, fiber-optic cables, and chemical inhibitor lines as required.